Try this flavorful dish for a unique way to sneak vegetables into your breakfast. Use mustard greens or spinach if chard is not available in your region.Serves 4
- 4 large ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole or reduced fat milk
- 1-1/2 cups chard, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Using a cheese grater, coarsely grate the kernels off of 2 ears of corn into a large
bowl to create a pulp. Using a knife, remove the kernels off of the other 2 ears and add to the bowl with grated corn.
- In a large pot, sauté onion in oil on medium-low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn mixture and water to the pot and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk, chard, salt, and white pepper, and cook until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with red pepper flakes and black pepper.