Plant-based and protein-packed, this salad contains fiber, nutrients, texture, and flavor to satisfy and delight.
Serves 8 -10
- 1 cup dry whole wheat couscous
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (use lemons above)
- 2 cups (10 ounces) fresh or frozen shelled edamame beans
- 1/2 cup finely diced mint
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil and then remove from heat. Stir in dry couscous and cover with a lid. Allow to sit for 7 minutes, then remove lid and fluff couscous with a fork.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Remember to zest lemon first for the next step.
- Once couscous has cooled to room temperature, toss in zest, edamame, mint, feta, and dressing.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.