Soup that warms your heart and keeps it healthy.Serves 4-6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound potatoes, preferably yukon gold, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bunch greens such as chard, kale or mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat oil in soup pot on medium heat with garlic, onion, and bay leaves and cook for 4-6 minutes, until onion is soft.
- Add the broth, potatoes, and rosemary and bring to a boil.
- While potatoes are cooking, remove stems from greens and coarsely chop. Once potatoes have softened, add the greens, reduce heat to simmer, and cook another 5-10 minutes, depending on how soft you like your greens.
- Remove the rosemary and season with salt and pepper.